#1: Harry Styles ‘Fine Line’
– The former One Direction member returns to the top of the ARIA Albums Chart with his latest album, after being toppled for one week by Michael Bublé. Spending a second week at #1 means that it does better than his debut album Harry Styles
(#1, May ’17) which only managed one week at the top. It remains #1 on the ARIA Vinyl Albums Chart for the third week in a row.
#2: Billie Eilish ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’
– Billie Eilish’s smash hit album returned to the Top Five last week for the first time in three months. This week it returns to #2, its highest position since August 2019. She’s had a busy holiday period with launching a fashion line, announcing Lollapolooza Paris dates making many year-end lists. She also has two songs in the ARIA Singles Chart this week – 'Bad Guy' (#12) and 'everything I wanted' (#14).
#5: JackBoys and Travis Scott ‘JackBoys’
is the first compilation from Cactus Jack Records, the label set up by rapper Travis Scott. Scott appears on the album alongside newer voices like Don Toliver and Sheck Wes. The album dropped with almost no notice shortly after Christmas. The single ‘Highest In the Room’ peaked at #3 in October 2019, and retuned to the chart this week at #15.
#25: ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ soundtrack (debut)
– The latest Star Wars film was the big cinema release over Christmas, and the soundtrack is the only debut this week. Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker
is the 9th
film to be scored by John Williams. It falls just short of the peak for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
(#24, Dec ’15) and better than Star Wars: The Last Jedi
, which failed to chart in the Top 50. The highest charting Star Wars soundtrack in the ARIA Charts era remains Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
(#8, May ’99).
This Week's Top 5 Albums
- Harry Styles – ‘Fine Line’
- Billie Eilish – ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’
- ‘Frozen 2’ soundtrack
- Ed Sheeran – No.6 Collaborations Project
- JackBoys & Travis Scott – ‘JackBoys’